What is the NETA Translation Committee?
- Bi-lingual Translation is an essential area service by virtue of geographic and demographic considerations. NETA has a strong commitment to ensure, where possible, that published documents and committee and assembly proceedings are available in both the English and Spanish languages.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish language translation (verbal and written) is essential.
- Be responsible for the oversight and safe-keeping of the area audio translation equipment.
- Provide translation services at Assemblies and Area Committee meetings.
- Recruit volunteers to perform translation at area committee meetings, assemblies and events and maintain a list of AA members able and willing to assist the Area Secretary, Newsletter Editor and others with written translations.
- Provide a written inventory of area translation equipment to the Area Secretary.